Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Luminescence.



   


      We slipped easily through the calm waters to the other side of the bay. It was pitch black, on this moonless night but I didn’t feel at all uncomfortable. As we kayaked into the little cove the fish became startled, I watched fascinated as the luminescence lit a path behind the fish when they swam away from our boats. I could see the outline of each fish as they swam, they were all small, nothing over a foot. The luminescence in this cove is amazingly bright, I've never seen anything so magical. I reached over the side of my boat and stroked the water, the droplets lit up in my hand. A handful of diamonds, it was breathtaking.
       The boys jumped into the water and were splashing each other like crazy, brilliant bursts of light followed their every movement. I didn't hesitate to join them, the water was cool and refreshing. As I moved the luminescence encased me in a glittery glow, I loved the way I felt as I swam in the water. So very alive, I took deep breaths of air and listened to the laughter around me.
       Dave brought out a bunch of super soakers and we spent hours spraying each other with beads of light. The streams of water reminded me of roman candles.  It was an enchanting, mystical world. Fireflies hovered on the embankment, drawn by the sparkling lights we created. The boys were loud and wild, but I don’t think I’ve ever had so much fun. In so many ways they are rambunctious and crazy but there’s also this amazing loyalty and love between them. I treasure these moments, I know they will be with me for a lifetime.

5 comments:

  1. Perfect serenity in the calm water s.
    http://tifi11@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is calming, even to read of the experience here. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should follow each other by bloglovin let me know follow I will follow back
    http://tifi11@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback! Followed you Jackie, very cute blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting Following back love your blog.
    http://tifi11@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete